Saturday, February 10, 2007

10 February 2007


Another reasonably good day despite the load of sawdust I had to unload, whew that stuff sure gets into your eyes and nose LOL despite the mask and goggles!!


Still very cold but I think we were up to about 18F today. I had all the horses out and after I had put them in the field I walked down the lane to get the mail but took a shortcut through the field. On the way back the mares were hanging around the gate so as I came over the hill I called them, they saw me and I crouched down in the snow. Of course they absolutely had to see what was out in the field!! I got one pretty good shot of three of them coming towards me which is the one I have posted. In the front is "Cat", then "Piglette" and last "Lori". BB was also there but she was a little late to get in the picture. They normally play in the snow but havent done much of it this year so I havent taken as many good snow shots as I normally do.


Well that's my story for the day, hope you all had a good one. Counting the days til spring when I can get to ride the two horses that have been started for me. My bottle baby is doing very well with the trainer apparantly so she will be ready to ride when I get her back around the month end.


Lori

11 comments:

Julie Blair said...

Nice shot Lori! Your horses are so photogenic especially in the snow! Sorry it is so cold there....

I grew up in Kentucky and I remember the cold winters...buckets freezing...etc....I feel for ya! It was in the 60's here but on the cold side at the beach since it is cloudy.

So fun to see your pics everyday! Stay warm!

Julie

Kaycee said...

What a wonderful photograph of the mares! The composition is especially good.
I am counting the days until spring, too. It was 23 F degrees here today and that was much better than last week's temperatures.

Rising Rainbow said...

i love the shots of the horses in the snow. We don't often have snow here but then it's been warmer here than what you're getting so it's raining instead of snow.

I hope it warms up some for you.

puzzled p said...

This would make such a wonderful print!!! The contrast of their colors and the white snow, and the way they're all lined up is really, really great. Nice job choosing the angle from your crouched position, too. I think that's what makes this a really special image.

Anna Ridley said...

Glad to read it's starting to warm up slightly for you!

I love today's shot of the horses - they are so curious and so beautiful. As always, I'm looking forward to the next installment!

davidsmeaton said...

cool horse shot lori ... i agree it'd look good as a print. i like the perspective you've got, of the three horses coming one after the other ... nicely done!

cheers
david
super-dave.com

Michael P. Randazzo said...

Lori this is like a greeting card. this is so special.

Anna said...

Beautiful Lori...they are magnificent!

I am frantically trying to figure out some of the advice you gave me...thanks for everything!

Ancientimages said...

Amazing shot! I agree - great composition and this would make a wonderful print or card. Beautiful job!

talj said...

You have such fabulous and photogenic subjects in your horses!! Glad your day has been a little better :o)

Unknown said...

Very handsome group. The personalities are clearly visible. They look like they are coming towards you for a treat with big interest in their eyes :)

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...