Friday, December 7, 2007

7 December 2007 (2nd post)

Wow every time I look at this baby I find it hard to believe that he is not even 8 months old yet. He is such a little monster LOL. He loves his time out and today I snapped a few shots of him in the snow. I had to put him in to put the other 3 stud colts out too and he wasnt very happy with me because he was just having so much fun. I am so tempted to turn him out with these 3 because they have access to each other all day and play at what MiKael calls Face Boxing all day over the rails but am scared that 4 ungelded stud colts may be a bit too much especially when there is a year difference in age, even if he is just about as big as them already. He wants someone to play with and it breaks my heart. He and Eb (the black and white colt) seem to spend the most time playing at the partitions so maybe I will try them together but then Eb is the colt we have sold and it is just a matter of time before he goes to his new home (Stan is building him a stable and pasture).



We had another 2 inches of snow last night so have 6-8 inches on the ground at the moment. It was a lot warmer today just around freezing and I put all the horses out after they had eaten their breakfast. It was cloudy all day so they werent as happy to be out as they were yesterday when it was sunny despite the fact that it was so cold yesterday.

Well that is about it for today. I find it very hard to spend time outside, the cold really drains me physically and the stables are gradually getting behind again. I am glad that they are able to spend time out though, it just makes it a little better.

((((Hugs))))) to everyone, have a great weekend.

Lori
xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs and it would be nice if you could allow them outside together. Are they close enough to touch when not actually together? Sometimes people do that, or put them in adjoining stalls to get better acquainted. It is a tough call to make but he is still having some fun being outside. Happy memories to him for sure.

Love this post.

Rising Rainbow said...

I just can't believe how big he is. He looks like a yearling not a weaner. I hope he gets a buddy to play with, it would be good for his mind. I probably wouldn't put him out with all three together but would introduce them one on one. But to all three of them. That way maybe you can work up to getting them together sometime.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...