Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday 14 July 2008

Who says horses aren't creative or that they cant be rocket scientists. This picture is proof positive that they have both capabilities LOL. I got my hands on 3 freshly cut roundbales of grass hay last week for a very reasonable price so I put two with the four horses and one with these three. The other horses have trashed both of theirs already LOL but these guys are making a piece of art for me.

(Click on picture to enlarge)
I got a few more shots of the hummers again this morning. I waited until the sun was just in the right spot and put a white piece of fabric over the window where the feeder is hanging and using my 100mm 2.8 lens perched on the stepladder on a rice bag I waited for the little visitors. They dont dissappoint as long as you are perfectly still because I am literally 3 feet from the feeder. Here are just a few of the shots, just wish I was getting more color on the birds, I am going to have to try to get different angles. If you click on the first bird image to see the larger version you can see it's tongue sticking out from the end of its beak.

(Click on picture to enlarge)

(Click on picture to enlarge)

I rode Cayenne again today, I have to say it is getting easier and easier to get motivated right now and Larry keeps on my butt so I do it. We started with her having her breakfast in the trailer, she gave me a small bit of hassle getting in but nothing I couldnt manage on my own.

I then unloaded and reloaded her and put her in the barn while I shot my hummer pictures because that was when the light was right and in the spot I needed. After I got those, I got her saddled and off we went down the drive with Larry in tow. She was a star and walked with me riding past all the spooks and monsters she saw yesterday and then did a beautiful walk around the huge field and then over a bridge sort of filled in between two small ponds, ducks and all. She then turned back and we trotted up the hill and across the top of the field (there were two suspiscious looking round bales up there which she was a bit leary about) and then walked down the hill to our starting point like a star. I have to say I felt great after riding her, MiKael I am starting to see what pleasure you get out of riding your horses, up until now it has always just been such a chore with so many to look after.

Thanks to all who have visited my blog and those who have also left comments, I appreciate it and know how time consuming it can be that is why I am so far behind on mine!!! That is about it for today, a slightly cooler day upper 70s lower 80s so it was bearable. ((((Hugs)))))

Lori
xx

4 comments:

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Hey Lori. I read this last night, but forgot to leave a comment. I think I was just trying to get mine done and get to bed! I am so jealous of the hummer pics! I keep seeing mine, but never at an opportune time. I scared one a couple of times last night while making dinner. He was at my kitchen window feeder and the light inside was on and he could see me moving around.
TTYL
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Stalk up on big window fans for the horses as it is supposed to get hotter than a witch the next three days.

I really like the hummer photos and we have them but they don't hang around long.

I like the top picture of the horses enjoyed the grass hay. Nice photos.

Anonymous said...

What a work of art! Glad you were able to capture it before thier artistic desires got carried away and they worked it all the way to the ground.

The hummingbird pictures are great, I need to try my hand at those one of these days.

Sounds like you are getting along well. Cayenne sounds like she is coming along.

Oh and I did see Taxes pictures the other day. I can't believe how big he is!

Take care,

Mike

LuĂ­sa Lima said...

Hi Lori,

It's a pleasure to see how things are in your corner of the world, which is a little bit my corner now as well, I'd say...!

The point where your horse stops being yet another chore and starts being pure pleasure is something! Enjoy that fully :-)

Luisa

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...