Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday 11 August 2008



It has been a very long weekend, looks like my blog is becoming a weekly affair. I was thrilled to see Dream and Blaze at the show this weekend and while they still have a long way to go they certainly didnt embarass us. They were both perfect gentlemen and were not phased a bit by the fact that this was their first time at a show. Dream is still a stallion but he was the only one there so unfortunately he had to compete with the geldings. We only had them in halter classes and Darlene also rode Blaze in the walk trot class to make up numbers as they only had two entries and need three to make it a point earning class.

My highlight of the weekend, bless Drew (Dream's trainer) heart, he made sure I got to ride Dream before they left, they must have been exhausted after all the work leading up to and during the show but I rode my baby!!!! You will have to excuse the form on my part, I havent done much riding in recent years, am used to the english style of riding, although I love the western style and tack, and I was trying not to mess with his mouth so my hands were forward so that I wasnt jabbing at his mouth. We just did a short walk and trot each way and he was such a star.

The photos were taken by Lisa and I will treasure them. I have very few photos of me with any of my horses.

I am going to make this short and sweet because I have a lot of catching up to do and print orders to get out. I hope that you all had a good weekend. ((((Hugs))))))

Lori
xxx

6 comments:

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

That first shot of you and Dream turned out pretty good, even if I do say so myself! LOL You don't really think you're going to get my 45 year old arthritic carcass on a horse for the first time do you? I would have to lose a lot of weight and get back into shape before that happens. Of course, with all this extra padding, if I get thrown, I'll just bounce back up! I did have a good time this weekend, although I am still tired. But not enough sense to go to bed.
TTYL
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lori,

It is so good to see a picture of you. I see you are doing well and in your "natural habitat". You look great there. I am glad Lisa was there to capture the moment.

I rode my first horse in Colorado. What a story. I am still trying to get a picture of me on the horse from my family and then tell the story on my blog. I loved it though and see why you love it.

I look forward to your posts so don't let it get further than a week apart ok? :)

Take care,

Mike

LuĂ­sa Lima said...

Lori,

We'll have to take care of getting some more shots of you in the next workshop :)

CG said...

It's so good to see you riding :)

Anonymous said...

How great it is to see you on top of a horse and smiling, on the OTHER side of the camera!

I have to say, I was going through some of your recent submissions, and did you know one of your horse show line-up photos was from a HPA show in 2005 and you had me and Nino in it??? It made me tear up at work seeing it--too bad I looked irritated at our ride!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hi Megan good to see you here, my riding style looks hideous LOL I promise I dont ride like that normally, I have pretty soft and low hands. I am still getting used to this Western style of riding and am terrified I am gonna yank on their mouths LOL.

When I put those pics together I had a feeling that the palomino one included you, I am sorry if it upset you, now I feel bad!!! My problem at the shows is that when everyone is competing they are in their show clothes with their hair all done up and hats on etc. and all look the same, especially in english.

So often someone wil come up to me in normal clothes and greet me like a long lost friend and I have no idea who they are and have to ask them LOL.

I am sorry that I lost the photography from the Paly shows this year and hope that whoever took over is doing a good job for you.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...