Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday 10 July 2009 - Still Hanging On

I am trying to be proactive with finding work but between the horses, baling hay, a few orders and the heat and an unreliable vehicle I have had no luck.

I am starting to panic a bit now because I have zero income as I dont qualify for a widow's pension (long story wont even get started on that) and I lost all income from Larry the day passed. I am going in a big circle at the moment, damned if I do and damned if I dont.

Oh well just thinking one day at a time. This is a picture I shot of Herbie when he was a few days old, he is a gorgeous colt, and has a personality like no other as do each of the horses. It is breaking my heart to think of parting with them but even the horses arent selling, heck I have offered some of them for $500 and no takers, so if you know anyone who needs a green young unfinished paint horse let me know I have quite a few looking for homes aged from 2 years old up to 15 years old. Some have a bit of riding experience and they are all fast learners and easy to get along with. They dont need a heavy hand and are all sane and sound and just need someone to give them some time and love. I want to at least give them a chance at life or else they will end up in the sale pens, I will be lucky to get $50 let alone $500 for them there and then they will probably be destined for the slaughter house. They say that they have banned the transport of horses for slaughter in USA and have closed the two processing plants, but the horses are going somewhere and where there is a will there is a way.

I read in one of the magazines that I submit photos to that people in the Florida area are finding their horses slaughtered and butchered in their pastures!!!! What is this world coming to???? It is just too horrible for me to even contemplate. This is not just an isolated incident it is happening more and more.

Oh well sorry about the doom and gloom but it is how I am feeling a bit at the moment. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We had a hot one today but may get a bit of rain tomorrow which will be great for the hay fields.

(((((Hugs)))

Lori

4 comments:

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Herbie's just so CUTE!!!!!!
Thanks for visiting. I'm surprised I've had as many visitors as I have so far, since I haven't been of for a long time.
TTYL
Lisa

Donna said...

Lori, I am sorry you are struggling, I just can't imagine what you are going through with your finances and your horses and everything else. I am hoping that you have a support system, a safe place to go where you can relax and talk or just be still. Are any of your horses under saddle?

CG said...

I wish I could help. I really do {{HUG}}

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh Lori! What an awful position to be in!! I wish I could help too. Why are you not getting pension? I don't know what I would do in your position.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...