Friday, January 5, 2007

5 January 2007




Woo hoo we sold the filly I posted the pic of two days ago. Vet checked and went through with flying colors, they are planning on collecting her on Sunday. Of course I will be crying all the way as she drives out of the driveway, these horses are like my children, but I know she is going to a great home.


Brought out the Tungsten lights today as it has been raining solidly all night and all day, it is absolutely dreadful outside. I dont have any flowers in the house because I dont have green fingers and the plants all usually die because I forget to water them. Anyway this plant is called Angel Wings and has been grown from a slip from a plant that belonged to my husband's grandmother. I noticed its leaves were semi transparent so I back lit it and put a black background behind it and voila this is what I came up with. Not my usual horsy pic for sure!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can imagine how hard it is to part with each horse :( Quite nice shot of the leaves. I will also try something like that with the only two plants that are alive in my house. I also don't have green fingers, but I would love to have some more. It realy cool me down.

james_so said...

This is a beautiful shot, it says so much while being so simple. The lighting is great and the detail is fab. I really like this.

TheStick said...

Excellent job on the lighting here!

Karen said...

This is beautiful.

tooohip said...

Great lighting here!

kaye said...

Great lighting... really brings out the colors and patterns on the leaves. Wonderful!

Elizabeth Abbott said...

Great lighting here!!

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...