Sunday, April 15, 2007

15 April 2007

IT'S A BOY!!!!!

At long last Sonny has had her baby. A BIG healthy leggy boy. I woke up at 1am and thought I heard one of the horses whinneying so I got up and went and checked and she had just had him. He was already standing up but was all wet still and wobbling around on his looooong legs. I dried him and put his little baby foal blanket on him and then gave him his enema and waited until he found the milk bar. He is so tall that it took him a while to figure out he had to lower himself more to get to it LOL.

It is now 2.30 so I am off back to bed, Momma and Baby are well and warm with their new straw and I am relieved. What a star, she comes through for me every time with an easy birth, this is the best mare that we have.

I will post pics in the morning although they may just be in the stable because it is freezing out and windy and raining still.

G'Night

Lori

4 comments:

CG said...

HURRAY!! Congratulations to Sonny and the new baby!! Am really looking forward to pictures; you take care!! xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The long wait is over. Anxious to see the baby pictures!

Mafia Wife said...

Passing thru here via CG's blog... congrats on the new arrival :)

Rising Rainbow said...

Congratulations on the colt! Very cool. Glad you don't have to worry about that anymore.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...