Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday 17 November 2008



We woke up to a snow covered deck this morning. It wasnt sticking to the ground because the recent rain and the ground is still a bit warm for it so it melts. It settles on the roofs and branches but that is about all. It snowed gently and sometimes quite hard all day and our temperature was just below freezing all day. The wind is what makes it unpleasant. I filled all the bird feeders today and the birds swarmed them. These little gold finches with their winter woolies made a feast of theirs, thistle seeds, and this is the most birds I have seen on the sock at one time. There are 5 here, one is slightly behind the other but there was a sixth at one stage. Of course the white streaks are the snow, the wind was blowing which makes it very cold out there.


Gonna make this a short one, after my last few posts I will give you all a break.


Lori




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had had snow each morning now for a few days. It is 25 degrees here this morning. Our Niger thistle seed is gone in a day or two and I never see more than three or four gold finches on it so I think I am missing them.

My seed bag looks about like your bag. The birds do have dirty feet as my bag was snow white not that long ago.

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Hi Lori. Love the goldfinches in the snow. I have had a few new birds here at the new house. Several dark-eyed Juncos and red-headed sparrows. More of the chickadees and nuthatches as well.
I'm still waiting for you to come see the new house!!!!!!!
Lisa

Fugazi said...

Great shot of the birds - it looks cold and wintery... I think I just felt like getting a blanket...

CG said...

We have snow forecast for this weekend. Stay warm Lori!

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...