Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday 27 October 2009

After a hectic week last week filled with interviews, tests for typing and skills I was chosen to go to Orientation with a National school photography group called Lifetouch, not as a photographer but as a telephonist in their call centre. This will be incoming calls, parents placing orders and fixing problems with missing prints and problems with packages and will be through the Department of Manpower until the middle of December or thereabouts. After that Lifetouch will have the option of extending our contracts and working for them directly so we will see. We started our training yesterday morning at 8am (it is in Muncie which is about 30 - 45 minutes drive away) and my friend Lisa recommended me for the position and she is training with me which is great because we can commute together which helps with travelling costs.

We are all having brain overload problems at the moment LOL because there is so much to learn but I will keep you posted. Lisa and I opted for the 10am to 6.30pm shift Friday to Tuesday with Wednesday and Thursday being our days off, the weekends hours are slightly different by pretty much in that ballpark. It is like being back at school LOL.

So forgive me for the short post but I have HOMEWORK!!!!!! Geez can you believe it LOL.

We passed the Elk farm on our way home this evening but it was gloomy and raining, but I did manage to get this one shot of a baby on the farm. There is a magnificent stag in another pasture with an amazing huge rack of horns. Of course yesterday when we went past the sun was shining and weather beautiful and I didnt have my camera, go figure!! We will be going back though because it is pretty much on our route home, we go to work in the dark but return when it is still light. That will change on Sunday when we turn our clocks back though and of course we will be on our new time schedule so it will give me an extra hour to sleep in on Sunday but it will be light when we go to work and dark when we come home. Yay, I have to say it is taking some getting used to having to get up so early and of course winter is setting in.

Talk soon and ((((((Hugs))))))) to you all.

Lori
xx

1 comment:

CG said...

It sounds like a lot to learn! good luck to you both xx

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...