Sunday, January 8, 2012

8 January 2012 - Sunday

I know, it has been a while!! Life has had many many bumps over the past nearly 3 years since Larry passed. Most of it has been traumatic and stressful but I am hoping that I am on my way to recovery. I have many people to thank and to apologize to, people who have never given up on me despite my silence. I will be contacting them all in person soon.

So as a start here are a few pics taken today. I have hardly touched my camera in the past 3 years, it will be good to get back to it.

We have had an extremely mild winter so far this year, so much so that my flowering bushes are starting to bud and flower!! I know we are going to pay with some extremely cold weather soon, probably going to start on Wednesday judging from the weather forecasts , so I really hope it does not kill these bushes. The one above is my lilac bush and the one below a wild rose bush.
Of course to go with the mild weather, we have tonnes of mud to deal with. Clay is terrible to deal with when there is a lot of moisture. The horses are happy to be out in the sunshine but not too happy about having to plod through the mud to get in and out of the field.
Not a blade of grass in sight!!
The horses are all doing well. I am looking forward to starting this project again. Happy New Year to everyone, here's to a wonderful 2012!

Lori

No comments:

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...