Thursday, January 11, 2007

11 January 2007




Well it is my birthday today but nothing changes I am afraid, it is just like any other day LOL. I had to go to fetch straw for the foals so I can bed them down well as we are expecting very heavy rain over the next three days and warmer temps then on Monday the temps will be dropping below freezing and probably staying there. On top of that I got a load of sawdust which I had to unload the hard way (shovel and muscles LOL). I put a bunch of sawdust down for the 7 babies who share a 32 x 40 ft area in the bottom of my barn which leads outside to a small paddock where they can exercise. With so many babies in the same area and the mud it is very hard to keep the area clean and dry.

I decided to put Gee the Thoroughbred out there while I had the chance (I close the babies outside and then she can use the 32x40 area to play a bit. Boy did she play. I couldnt choose between the two shots so here are two for today.

These were shot using available light at 1600asa.


8 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday!!! Lovely photos, they show a lot of energy!

L2 said...

Happy Birthday! What fun shots that really show the horse's personality.

Rising Rainbow said...

Happy Birthday! That is one happy horse!!

Michael P. Randazzo said...

Just wonderful simply wonderful.

Pat said...

Happy Birthday (a little late) Lori!

Love the photos of the horses! They certainly are energetic!

I'll come back to see what you post next time. I'll bookmark your blog.

Pat

TheStick said...

Happy birthday! Great shots!

Anna Ridley said...

Happy birthday Lori!!!!

Love the action shots - what a beautiful horse, full of life and vivacity.

CG said...

Hope you enjoyed your birthday. I love horses and your photos of Gee are wonderful. I'll be back to have another look.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...