Friday, January 12, 2007

12 January 2007


I have looked at so many blogs today and can't remember who said that Fridays were catblogging picture days, so I decided to do one of the barn cats. We have 4 neutered males in the barn at the moment, at one time I had 12, living in the country they just turn up one day and stay, lots of mice in the barn because of the grain. Anyway it seems that Feline Leukemia is a big problem with feral cats and I am afraid I lost them one by one including many litters of kittens along the way. I have pictures of all of them though. These are the only four left now and this shot is of the one I have had the longest, his momma just dissappeared a few months ago she was the first one to adopt me. I wanted to get a nice eye shot but it is overcast outside so I had to use flash which has washed out the yellow in his eyes a bit, but here he is. His name is Wild Cat LOL, when he was a baby the litter had badly infected eyes and I had to bathe them a few times a day, he fought me tooth and nail and I know it was him because he has a tiny tuft of white on the tip of his tail.

6 comments:

talj said...

wow what a stare!!! Love how you have filled the frame! :o)

Nick Piccillo said...

Welcome to friday catblogging! Great shot. It is tough to get reliable results with cat eyes and flash. It helps a bit to get the flash off camera if possible.
-Nick Piccillo (http://www.pbase.com/nickp37/pad_2007)

Pat said...

Wow! What a great pic, Lori. I'll try to remember that Friday is cat blogging day next Friday. I have a nice grey cat named "Lauren". (Nope I never named her that!!!)

As Talj says, great how you filled the frame!

Anna Ridley said...

Mesmerizing stare, gorgeous face! I also love how you filled the frame here.

Neat to know that Fridays are "catblogging" days - I don't have a cat though; I'm so allergic :(

james_so said...

Great eyes, and nicely focussed on them too. I thought fridays was fish day though ;-)

Karen said...

A wonderful close up

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...