Tuesday, January 16, 2007

16 January 2007







Woohoo we had about an inch of snow, but the downside is it isnt cold enough to freeze the mud so all it did was make a white and brown mess when i let the horses out. I had to do that because they were bouncing off the walls from being stabled for so long without exercise. I am glad we avoided the ice storms and severe weather that was experienced further west of us but we had that two years ago, beginning of January 2005 had a dreadful ice storm which left some of us without electricity for over a week. We were very lucky as we only went 16 hours without because we are on the main town circuit even though we are in the country, and with my husband's condition and having an air matress that needs constant air running so obviously needs electricity, it would have been a real problem to get him to somewhere that could accomodate him. Anyway that is another story LOL.

So here is my offering for today, I have three that I like, the lighting is very flat and boy are they muddy (of course the first thing they did was roll and there wasnt enough snow to prevent the mud sticking to them). Two are of the babies (one when I opened the doorway and another of three of them running) and the other is our one brood mare. Her Name is Lonsumcatbar, I call her Kitty Cat, my filly is behind her. You can see that half of my field is still under water too. Thought I would do three to make up for not shooting the last two days.

Hope everyone is well.






9 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Oh my goodness, does that one horse know how to roll! Barely missed covering a spot anywhere. They look like happy, happy campers to me.

Unknown said...

thet have a lot of fun :)

Karen said...

Beautiful photos!! I love the first one with them all standing at the door looking out but the other 2 are outstanding as well.

Michael P. Randazzo said...

OMG so much fun. These horses are proof that you take great care of them. Wonderful images.

Isn't it something how they love the mud? LOL

TheStick said...

My fav is the 1st one also. They look like show girls with the middle one doing her best to be the cutiest and steal the attention!

Unknown said...

My favorite is the middle one. They just look like they are enjoying being out so much.

thelobster said...

Great photos - I haven't been able to visit for a few days - I really enjoyed your blog - pictures and text

CG said...

it's great to see these photos!! My favourite is the third photo (bottom of the three) They all look like they are having so much fun.

Pony Tail Club said...

We love the photos and paints! We have one paint named Keiki who is our little princess.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...