Saturday, January 20, 2007

20 January 2007



Hey we are still going strong, 20 days and I am still here LOL.

Today was cold and sunny so I put most of the horses out and gave Gee a turn in the bottom of the barn to run. Didn't get any pics of her other than this one of her and one of the babies (his name is Blaze) touching noses over the barrier with their breath steaming in the cold. The steam makes it look out of focus but I thought it was cute.

I also have put in another one of my Blue Roan three year old filly, her name is IMA Blue Dudette (BB is her barn name). BB derived from the fact that when she was born we knew she was going to be a blue roan color (they normally have solid black heads and the bottom 3/4 of the legs are black too but with her being a paint her legs are white) and she was huge so BB = Blue Baby, Big Baby, Bad Baby, Bully Baby, Brat Baby, Beautiful Baby or whatever else! Here she is breaking the ice that was on the lake at the bottom of the field looking for water or grass. The water has seeped away leaving just the ice suspended and of course mud.

We have a storm moving in tonight which should bring 2-3 inches of snow by tomorrow evening. Everyone here in Indiana is gearing up for the big American Football playoff game between the Indiana Colts and New England Patriots which is going to be held in our indoor arena at Indianapolis. GO COLTS!!!!! Sorry had to get that one in.

Have a great night and day everyone.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, the one with the breath is lovely but I really like the horse with the ice and snow, gorgeous!

davidsmeaton said...

i can't decide which i like more: the dark space in the top image, or the snow in the bottom image ... they're both good shots.

i think i'll go with the top one (slight winner) because it looks more cute.

puzzled p said...

Both of today's shots are great, great, great! I like the bottom one, with the ice, best. BB is one gorgeous horse. The ice cracking makes it a dramatic shot and that blue eye -- wow!

Anna Ridley said...

Both of today's shots are wonderful, but the top one just edges it for me. I love the tenderness it implies, and I like the misty breath.

BB is one gorgeous horse though! She's stunning.

Michael P. Randazzo said...

20 days is nothing. LOL. I will personally come and smack you upside the head if you ever stop sharing these wonderful images of these horses with us.

Kidding I will not smack you.

Last year doing this I missed about 40 days out of the entire year but that doesn't make it a failure. I just needed to chill. But this project has so much more to do with learning about yourself then it does about photography it isn't even funny. Trust me, even if it gets boring for you ask yourself why and you will find as time goes on you inspire yourself to new heights you never though you even want to reach. Keep up the good work.

Mike

james_so said...

BB is beautiful and you have captured an interesting composition with/ of her, nice shots.

Unknown said...

I agree with Mike. Your horses are beautiful and your stories interesting. This what life is about. I love both shots. The upper one is warmer and full of emotions, so it wins :)

Erik said...

That first picture is a winner.

You should remove the text and submit it to somewhere... or something...
go win something!

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...