Sunday, January 21, 2007

21 January 2007




We had three inches of beautiful snow this morning, yay at last. Not too cold but still in the 20sF. I opened the barn and let the babies see their first "real" snow and they were fascinated. I have posted 2 shots, the lighting was very flat so they would probably make better B&W pics. One of the first things that they all did was push their noses into the snow and swish it around. I think this might be a bit too close but I thought it was cute. The other is of two of the stud colts getting rowdy with each other. Brats!

Nothing else too exciting to report today, caught up on a bit of work and am watching the Colts Patriots game which has just started. GO COLTS!!!

Keep well all.


7 comments:

Karen said...

That 2nd picture is fantastic!

Julie Blair said...

Lori: Thanks for writing comments on my blog! Great to hear from you! I love reading your blog and seeing what your horses are up to. They certainly make for great subjects! I love the second pic too. Fiesty little guys!

p.s. I watched the last half of the game! Wow, the Colts came back big time! Glad they won for you!

Anna Ridley said...

I love that 2nd photo especially - brats or not, they're beautiful! The first photo is really sweet; I bet the babies had fun in the snow.

Glad that the Colts won for you! :)

talj said...

These are just beautiful Lori. I love the detail you manage to capture in your images. I am not a fan of horses (ask CG) but your images are allowing me to see them in a different light! :o)

CG said...

If anything could convert Talj to loving horses these magical photos would do it Lori.

Unknown said...

The first one is soooo funny! Lovely animals.

Rising Rainbow said...

Lori,
I love the first pic, I'm into artsy different stuff - new ways to see horses. I think the second one is great too. Don't worry about me getting tired of seeing nothing but horse pics, I love it and hearing what your horses are up to!!

Sounds like you have a great trainer to send your horses too, that's cool. It's such a hard thing to send our "children" off to someone else. It's a gift when you find one you can really feel comfortable with.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...