Friday, February 16, 2007

16 February 2007




"It never rains but it pours" and "bad things always come in threes" are two sayings that I am getting used to these days. Woke up at 5am this morning feeling a bit cold, checked the heat and it was down 4 degrees which means that the heater isnt working which means that either the well pump has blown or the pipes are frozen again. The outside temp was -3F!!! Tried the faucets and no water AGAIN. Spent 3 hours with the hairdryer trying to heat pipes, put the heaters all in the basement again, after 5 hours still no luck. I had been trying to tell my husband for the last 4 hours that it couldnt possibly be the pipes and I thought it was the pump, but would he listen???? Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!! He cant get down there coz he's in a wheelchair so he is just guessing LOL. So now I have 13 horses and no water. Got the neighbor to get some gallon jugs of water from his house (hot water) and I started melting snow in the kitchen on the stove LOL, sounds crazy but you do what you have got to do. It is now after 3 and we are still trying to get a plumber/electrician out, expecting one within the hour hopefully. 2007 has not started off well for me.


Catblogging day!!!!! Hey I even remembered what day it was. This is Sylvester again but this time with my fourth cat who is his brother from the same litter. I call him Ginger Cat, very original. He was from a litter that one of the wild cats had in my old barn. When the kittens were old enough to go it alone I heard him crying behind the old barn, so of course I took pity and started leaving food and water for him. He was very wild. Gradually he befriended me and then all of a sudden Sylvester showed up as well, also wild and he mellowed slowly too. I knew they were from the same litter as I had found them when they were very small where the mother cat had made a nest for them and I took some photos of them. She moved them a few days later again. Well they are here to stay and they like laying on the window sill on the porch where the sun shines in to keep warm. They pile up on top of each other. I have also posted two other pictures I took a few years ago when I had about 12 cats. This box was on the porch too and if you look closely in the one picture there are 4 cats in it and in the other picture there are 5 cats in it!! These two pics are a bit smaller than my others as they were taken from my archive sized pics, didnt have time to re-edit them now, just thought they might get a giggle.


Keep your fingers crossed that I get water and heat again soon. Hope you all had a great day.
Update 9:05pm - The plumber says it is not the capacitor that it is the actual well pump and he cant pull it out we have to find someone else to do it. We can't find a plumber who is willing to even come and look before Monday and then If I thought the last bill was big this one will be three times as much if not more!! So it looks as if I am going to be without heat and water until at least Monday. Our home health aide and I gathered all the gallon containers we could lay our hands on this evening and she went home and filled them up and brought them back so we could give the horses water. And it will all start again tomorrow. I was beginning to feel better but this is just the pits, sorry I am moaning but I just dont know what to say or do at the moment.


Lori

10 comments:

talj said...

Sending you very very big (((HUGS))) and hoping that the plumber/electrician gets out to you and quickly resolves your problem!! Lovely photos today! They all look so cute xx

Kaycee said...

Hi Lori,
The cat photos are wonderful! My cat Belle looks just like your black and white one.

I hope that you get your heat and water restored very soon. I just got a new furnace last week (before the major snowstorm). I hope that spring comes very soon!

Anna said...

I look at those pics Lori and all I can say is...

GET ME A BENEDRYL! I am so allergic to cats and these images make me need to sneeze!

BTW, that means they are REALLY good!

carmilevy said...

Please know that I'm wishing a quick and simple resolution to your current conundrum. You are the epitome of grace under fire, and I can only hope that I'll have a fraction of your strength if life ever throws me simultaneous curves.

I am heartened by the fact that through everything, you continue to shoot and post your work. You have an amazing ability to share your vision through your pictures. I hope you always listen to the voice inside you that compels you to get out there and capture the world around you.

And share it, of course.

Rising Rainbow said...

Hi Lori, I love the boxes of cats. My husband and I are both cat people and we were blown away with all the cats in the box. How amazing is that. Who'd a thought four grown up cats together in one box, let alone five!

Sorry to hear that you are having continuing problems with your heat and water. Hope it gets resolved soon. Life and it's little curve balls keeping us on our toes. With as mush as you've been on them lately you should be nearly ready to do ballet........

Donna said...

Monday!? No, you have to find someone else to help you before then. I wish I lived closer so I could come and help you with all those horses.

Anna Ridley said...

Huge {{{HUGS}}} coming your way. Sorry I've not been able to check in here lately, but you've been in my thoughts and prayers.

Hoping that you don't have to go without heat or water too much longer. You've had a rotten start to the year, and I so admire your determination and spirit. Keep your chin up - things WILL get better!!!

xox

puzzled p said...

Oh Lori! I'm so sorry to hear about all the problems with the heat and water. Thinking of you with all my might here in Sweden. It sounds like you've got such a hard life right now, even though you're surrounded by beauty (like those darling horses and yesterday's kittens that became today's amazingly beautiful cats). I wish I could help. Hang in there!

CG said...

Lori, what a nightmare, i feel so anxious for you!! It's mild and sunny here today; Wish I could send you our weather (as well as a solution to your heating woes!)

The cat photos are great. our two can fight all day yet snuggle up together happily at night! Cats, hey!

love J x

Unknown said...

Looks like it never ends. I hope the plumber helped already and that the problem is finaly sorted out. The four cats in the box are so funny :)

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...