Sunday, February 4, 2007

4 February 2007


Busy busy busy again, between the cold (wind chill -25 F today), hauling warm water to all the horses because the faucets are all frozen in the barns despite heating tapes, getting someone to take me to do some shopping because my truck is still inoperable, too cold to get the guy who works on it to do it as he works from home, my day flew by. I did shoot some more window frost this morning as it was -1F, nothing too spectacular but this time had a bit of the sunrise reflecting in the ice, so this will have to be my contribution today.

Am watching the Superbowl at the moment as the Indiana team is one of the teams playing for the title so forgive me again and I will catch up with commenting etc. tomorrow as, believe it or not, it is gonna be even colder tomorrow!!! My poor horses had ice on all the hairs around their muzzles this morning when I went out to feed them and they are in an enclosed barn. I will try to get a shot of that tomorrow if we have good light.

Hope you all had a good day.

Lori

9 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

Brrrr! I remember days growing up in Canada when it was that cold - here in the UK we don't get anything like that though.

I do love the warm hues the sun gives to the delicate frost formations - very beautiful.

I couldn't stay awake to watch the Super Bowl, what with the time zone difference, it started WAY too late over here! :)

talj said...

Beautiful shot Lori! Hope you had fun 'at' the superbowl! ;o) Enjoy your day! :o)

CG said...

The golden glow to this makes it very very pretty.

Elaine said...

Love the color and pattern.

Kaycee said...

It is very cold here in Central New York, too. The wind chill is at least -20 F today and now it is snowing. I really like your photos of the icy snow crystals!

My friends and I were happy that the Colts won the Super Bowl. I bet that you are, too!

Pat said...

Awesome frost patterns. We don't get that here in the house with the thermopane but maybe on the car window I could find some.

Just lovely today, Lori!

I feel so sorry for the horses and any animals out in the cold. We're sure getting winter now!

Rising Rainbow said...

I think this is a pretty cool shot too! Funny how we can get so used to our work that we think it's " nothing special" but others find it is awedome.

Unknown said...

Looks like a painting again. I feel pity for your horses and you as well. Must be really cold there :(

Karen said...

Isn't that frost beautiful?! It looks like thistle flowers.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...