Wednesday, March 14, 2007

14 March 2007



Have you ever had one of those days where you have all good intentions to get stuff done and then the everyday normal unexpected things crop up and bang that is the end of all of your good intentions? Well I had one of those days.


It rained last night, and it is raining right now (8pm) so I didnt put the horses out because everything that was drying out nicely is now a slushy mess again. Not that I am complaining because there is nothing like rain to make the grass (and weeds!) grow and I need some grazing for these horses!!!


I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I have sold my bottle baby Wiggle (the pictures today are two of my favorites of her, some of you may have seen them on DPC). My husband spoke with her trainer today and he says that he has a 12 year old girl who is interested in her, she has been riding her and done a bit of barrels and pole bending and cones on her and he is taking her the horse and her mom out trail riding this weekend to see how they fare. This will be a perfect home for her (I hope I trust Shaun to get a good home for my horse, he knows how I feel about them). I just can't imagine my juvenile delinquent brat baby horse is being a star LOL. Here's hoping.


I am going to make this short today.


See ya all tomorrow, keep safe, dry and warm.


Lori

6 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

You know they're just like kids. My kids drove me crazy but they'd go out in public with other people and I was told what great well mannered kids they were. Your bottle baby has your number and figures "it's just mom" and does what she likes. She'll probably be great for them.

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed. My colt's IgG scores were very very high. Big sigh of relief! But he still hasn't figured out how to use his legs to get up! He runs fine once he's there but can't always figure out where to put them to get up. Horses........

CG said...

I hope Wiggle finds the right home for her!
Yesterday I came home happily smelling of horse from the RDA session. I was leading Hannah the pony with the hole in her chest.she was very good for me.
I'm going to buy one of your "prints for Rose" for my daughter for her birthday. Have a lovely day, Lori xxx

John Roberts said...

I normally lean towards the B&W photos, but of these two, I like the color photo better. Let's hope it's an early Spring!

Kathy C said...

How exciting that Wiggles has a prospective owner. A young girl will just love her to death don't you think?

Every horse Shy looks at she instantly falls in love with. Such is life as a child.

Memories Catcher said...

Beautiful shots.I like it1I like the contrast between the horse and the snow.

talj said...

Lovely shots Lori! :o)

Hope you have had a good day and that Wiggle finds the perfect home! :o)

I'll be away for a few days now so wont get to catch up so extra {{{BIG HUGS}}} xx

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...