Friday, March 2, 2007

2 March 2007


Catblogging Day! These three kittens were born to a wild female cat that lived in my old barn. For some reason she started getting more friendly around the time she had these kittens and eventually moved them into the main barn and started losing her fear of me. I think I mentioned that the Feline Lukemia is very prevalent in the wild cats in the country here and I have lost so many cats and kittens to it which breaks my heart. That is the main reason that I had my four remaining males fixed, unfortunately I lost this litter when they were still quite small and their momma a few months later and over time all of my female cats, so hopefully I have eradicated the disease around here at least.
Still hanging in here, high winds today and probably snow tomorrow then they are expecting a nice warm up which will make me very happy. Thinking of all the people experiencing the tornados and storms and vehicle accidents yesterday and today. Keep safe.
Lori

8 comments:

picperfic said...

they are so cute but how sad that they didn't survive....have a good weekend!

talj said...

Am not really a cat fan but I am a sucker for kittens they are always sooo cute! Glad that you are safe and hope things improve soon {{{HUGS}}} xx

Anna Ridley said...

I love their wide-open eyes taking everything in. Beautiful kittens, so sad that they didn't make it.

Glad things are looking up over your way - thinking of you as always. Make sure you stay safe!

{{{HUGS}}}

CG said...

What a sad story - these kittens are so cute.

Am glad to know you are ok; those storms in the US look terrifying.

xxxx

Pat said...

Lori, I forgot about catblogging Friday! :(

I had thought of what I would post too at the beginning of the week but then it left me. Guess I'm getting "elderly". HAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the lovely post on my blog today.

Kaycee said...

I look forward to viewing your images on Catblogging Fridays! The kitten photo is adorable, but their story is so sad.

carmilevy said...

How heartbreaking to think that these beautiful animals didn't make it. I hope they enjoyed whatever time they had.

Lessons for us all...

As I was on an intercity trip during the big snow/ice storm that slammed into Ontario on Thursday, I thought about the tornado-hit regions further south, and prayed that no one had been hurt or killed.

If only prayers were enough.

Rising Rainbow said...

Sad about the kitties. But darling picture. I'm getting into this cat blogging Friday thing. Last night I was laying in bed thinking about a blog I could write with cats and horses. We'll see if I get that far.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...