Thursday, May 17, 2007

17 May 2007


HI all

I will give you a break from the brat baby although believe me I have stacks of pictures of his antics to show you all LOL. I could sit and watch and photograph him all day.

The first shot is the helicopter at the hospital that is used to fly patients in. I thought it was nice and colorful and the sky was interesting with all the clouds and blue sky. The other one was taken through the back window of the ambulance just as we got onto the interstate which we have to travel on for 16 miles of the trip (total 50 miles from home). It amazes me how the traffic flows on the highways here. Everyone is respectful and travels at the speed limit if not a little over with the occasional speedster. It amazes me that there are so many accidents involving 16 wheelers. I took a whole bunch of other pictures of the countryside as we drove along, a trip I have made 30 or 40 times if not more.

The surgery went very well. The surgeon managed to do the procedure without an anaesthetic, with Larry being paralysed he cant feel in that area but they were worried about spasms and his bloodpressure and heart rate rising. Anyway they pulled it off and zapped the stone to oblivion and he is home so we are happy. It was a long day. We only got home at about 6.30pm. Luckily my neighbor fed the horses for me which took a weight off my shoulders. I just have to unload the load of hay tomorrow and clean all the stalls because I will be away for two days at the show.

Talj yes that is a bug, a bumble bee actually on the picture the other day above the eyes and ears picture LOL. I meant to point it out, well seen!!!!

MiKail we are two of a kind for sure, I also hate going to town, find it a total waste of time LOL and having my hair cut is another story!!!! I hope you are feeling better.

I will try to catch up on my reading tomorrow, thanks Talj, AB, CG, Mike, Julie, MiKael and Anna for your messages and visits. ((((Hugs))))) to you all and hopeto "see" you all tomorrow.

Lori
xx

5 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

I knew that helicopter must be at the hospital. It is definitely a colorful picture. The other one sure is clear for being taken through a windowof a vehicle.

Glad to hear that everything went smoothly and Larry is back home tonight. I'm sure that makes it easier on you.

I did get my hair cut despite trying to figure out a way to get out of it. And the trip didn't kill me although I think maybe I should nap for a week to recuperate.

My muscle soreness is much better now but my thumb still hurts. I think I might have broken the bone on the tip but I'm not going to the doctor. It will just have to heal on its own.

The neck thing - is a cradle. They don't make them small enough for a yearling that I am aware of. But it wouldn't help in this situation anyway. I have used one before on Heiress, she got it wedged underneath the stall door (don't ask me how) and broke it and the door. Thank God she didn't break her neck. But that's enough for me and neck cradles. Too scary.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow. I have to do the hay thing too. Tomorrow is catblogging Friday, any chance you have pictures of Taxes with the cats yet??

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori, these are nice shots. I had to double check to make sure I hit the right link...no horse in sight! I like the colors on these.

Glad to hear everything went well at the hospital. Hope you get somewhat caught up today.

Take care.

Mike

learninghorses said...

What beautiful bright colors. A rainbow of machinary.

John Roberts said...

Actually, it's amazing there aren't more accidents involving big trucks and cars the way some people drive. Drivers talking on cell phones while driving is my pet peeve.

Big trucks get a bad reputation, but insurance statistics show that the overwhelming number (around 74%) of accidents between big trucks and cars are the fault of the car driver.

CG said...

Am so glad it went ok at the hospital for Larry!! Phew!! These photos are quite different but I like the vibrant colours.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...