Saturday, June 30, 2007

30 June 2007

This is gonna be short again, woke up with a migraine again this morning and spent the day wanting to die and running back and forth to the bathroom to be ill Yuk!! What a waste because we had a glorious day and I had so much planned. I have no idea why I am starting to get these, two in three weeks or so, they have never been a problem before. I could only start looking at the computer screen at about 9.30 this evening without my head wanting to explode. Oh well here's hoping tomorrow will be just as nice because the heat is moving in again.

Thanks Mike for the explanation about the growths on that creeper. It is covered with these beetles at the moment (excuse the risque pic LOL). They are eating the leaves so that they look like lace, I will try to get a shot of those tomorrow. Will be an interesting series to have.


The pic below is a caterpillar that I found in the garden yesterday. I thought it was pretty colorful so he had his own photoshoot.


Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Will take some horsy pics tomorrow I promise. ((((Hugs)))))

Lori

xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these shots. The garden is such an interesting place when you slow down and really look at it.

Maybe it helps migranes too! Hope you get to feeling better.

Rising Rainbow said...

Sorry to hear about your migranes. Those are miserable things. Sure hope you day tomorrow is better.

It's beginning to warm up here. Is supposed to be 90 on the 4th. That's too much heat for me. It makes me sick. So I will be laying low for sure that day.

Miss our "chats."

CG said...

I'm so sorry you've been having these migraines {{HUGS}} hope you don't get another one.

really enjoyed the bug shots especially the risque beetles (well, get my thrills where I can LOL)

Anonymous said...

Those are Japanese Beetles and they will eat flowers and even tree leaves. They mate and lay eggs in the ground that grow into worm like creatures that feed on grass roots. Called grubs at that time of year.

You can buy traps. And they work but also attract lots of them. Need to put the trap in the middle of the yard away from everything.

If you want you can also mix a lot of soap like liquid soap. Don't stir it up. Add some warm water. Add one teaspoon of dissolved salt and put in a spray bottle. You can spray this onto the couples and they will eventually die. The soap doesn't seem to harm the leaves.

Don't spray the soap onto flowers as they would endanger other insects feeding on flowers.

Just the beetles.

Abraham Lincoln
—Me as Moses—

Anonymous said...

If you go back to my blog and scroll down you will see the post I did on Japanese Beetles and the traps and so on.

Thanks for stopping by.

Abraham Lincoln

Elaine said...

These are both wonderful!

Hope you are feeling better.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...