Thursday, November 22, 2007

22 November 2007



Happy Turkey Day!!!! This is not a traditional holiday where I come from but is a big thing here in the USA and after eating yourself to death on Thanksgiving Day all the big stores have huge sales starting at sometimes 5am the next morning which are attended by thousands. I, personally, give them a miss, I am not a morning person and certainly cant justify getting up that early in the morning in the cold (it is going to be in the low 20s tonight, had a bit of snow this evening) to do battle with the crowds LOL.


Larry and I had a quiet day, his sister joined us for lunch and I made a small Turkey breast (6 lbs LOL) and some vegies and salads and an apple pie and we had a nice lunch and then I made the mistake of laying down and that was the end of the day!!! Nice to relax even though I still had to feed horses, and we didnt get any help from the Home Health Agency today so I gave Larry his quick bath and got him up. I think this is only the second Thanksgiving that he has been able to get up for in the past 6 and a half years, so it was nice to be able to sit at a table and have a meal.


Today's pictures are a few I have been working on for a young lady at one of the shows this year. She wanted some casual shots with her mare for her Senior pictures (wallet size) to hand out to her friends as she graduates next year. These were two of the ones she chose. Larry is also making a collage with 7 of the pictures on it to be printed 12" x 18" which is looking lovely.
I had a great giggle today on my friend MiKael's blog and would recommend it as good reading for anyone wondering about the affliction which we have called horse fever LOL. I am going to give you a link to "Blog Village" as she is in the running for a ranking for her blog and if you click on this link
go to the bottom of the page and click on the button "Click here to enter Blog Village", you will find her ranked at 4th at the moment. Her blog is called MiKael's Mania - Arabian Horses. If you click on the name of her blog you can read her latest post which will, I am sure, make you giggle LOL, and perhaps make some of you understand my affliction, then if you click on the button the right on the Blog Village ranking page "Rate this site" you can give her a ranking and leave your name and a comment if you would like. I really recommend reading this and in fact all of her stories, she is a master story teller and for any horse enthusiast is a mine of information. She is very passionate about her horses.
Well that is about it for today folks. Hope you all had a great day. ((((Hugs))))))
Lori
xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will have to go and read this. I read her stuff almost every day but yesterday was different.

Did you make it over to see me in ten-year increments?

brookville daily photo

Rising Rainbow said...

Wow, thanks for the plug! I'm afraid I've been way behind in my reading and totally missed this.

Sounds like you had a good turkey day. I could have used a nap myself. lol

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...