Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saturday - A Day of Sunshine

Not much happening today, got a bit of computer work done, had a rest this afternoon and then went to do the monthly shop this evening with my friend Lisa. It has been a very pleasant day, sunny and in the 70s.

The picture below is of a tiny little Salamander that the little boy who was on our one trail ride found under a rock. He was quite taken by the fact that I didnt shreak and run away but rather put my hand out and took it. It was only an inch or two long. I put it on a mossy rock and did my best with the lens I had to get a shot of it.

I am getting better at the humming bird photos. Just not enough hours in the day LOL.
This is a tiny little wild flower that I found this morning next to the barn, thought it was quite pretty so snapped it. All of the wildflowers are starting to bloom now and I saw another Hummingbird clearwinged moth today, but the brown one (the last one I shot was green) and it was really small maybe three-quarters of an inch long but before I could get my lens and camera out it had gone. So I will be on the lookout for them from now on.
Need to get diesel and gas (petrol) for the tractor and mower so that I can cut the field and the garden grass, it is amazing how quickly it grows, just wish it looked like that in the fields LOL.

CG and MiKael thanks so much for your continued visits, I really appreciate them and you are also in my thoughts always, I will get back into it one day soon I hope. I neeed to set goals for each day the night before and then see if that will motivate me to do stuff especially with the horses.

Oops pushed publish before I had finished LOL. Hope you are all having a good weekend.

(((((Hugs))))))
Lori
xx

6 comments:

Gecko said...

You certainly are getting better at the humminbird photos! And the wild flower photo or beautiful too!

Do you photograph birds in auto mode or sport or manual?

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Great blog, as always. I haven't seen a salamander since I was in grade school. My pain-in-the-butt step-brother put one under my pillow one night! I'm still jealous about the hummer!
Lisa

Rising Rainbow said...

Wow! The hummingbird looks great. I have them buzzing me here in my yard. The little varmints, don't they know I'm doing all that work for them. They should be kinder to me, don't ya think? lol

CG said...

Those humming bird pics are great. I'm glad you had a sunny day!!

Anonymous said...

The hummingbird picture is really neat! I can just see you sitting there trying to get those shots!

I bet you surprised that little boy taking that salamander like that. I don't think I have ever seen one of those in the wild. Perhaps one or two.

Good to hear from you! I will try to be better at getting around.

Take care,

Mike

Luísa Lima said...

Wow Lori, congrats on that hummingbird picture, it's amazing!!! :-)

Luísa

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...