Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wednesday 1st October 2008

Thank you so much everyone for your messages and kind words. My Dad's passing was not the only thing that I have been struggling to deal with.

On Friday evening I decided I wanted to ride my horse Lori and while riding down the road she spooked at something in the neighbors yard. I pulled her around to stop her from bolting but there was a slight decline right next to us and she just lost her balance and fell with my right leg under her. I cracked my head really hard, stars and buzzing the works and suffered from a bit of a concussion and agony in my neck for the past 5 days. My leg that was under her is black and blue as can be seen from the picture!!!!!! That is the inside of my right thigh!!!

To cap it all off yesterday evening a friend who drives trucks for a living and has horses got hold of Larry to tell him that one of her horses appeared to have colic and had been that way for a day and a half already and she was out of town and the people feeding the horses didn't know what to do. Well she was still getting up and down this morning and wanting to roll and looking very droopy so I spent some time with her after worming her and walking her to stop her from laying down and decided to bring her home as it would be easier for me to watch her here than over there (about 5 miles away) and got the vet to come and check her. She is not a young horse probably about 24 or 25 years old, has a beautiful arabian head and neck but is a registered quarter horse!!!!

She had her foal weaned from her two weeks ago and is very thin and is in foal again, but I suspect that this may cause her to lose it. She is still not out of the woods although her tummy has worked twice this evening, but she is still wanting to lay down from time to time. So it has been a long day, in fact a very long week. Oh yes my medication for the depression came late and I had to go without it for 5 days, boy if any of you take pills for depression I dont recommend stopping them cold turkey, it makes you feel really bad. I spent most of the 5 days laying in a positon where my neck wasn't hurting me and staying there and not moving and sleeping!!
So that is my sad story!!!!! Sorry about the gross picture and hopefully I will be back in the routine (what's that) soon and have some better photos to look at. (((Hugs)))


Mike said...

Hi Lori,

I like this new "following" thing, I knew within 15 minutes you had posted.

Wow have you been through the wringer. Your leg looks like it really smarts.

I will continue to pray for you as I know you are going through a really rough time. I have been there through the loss of both parents so I know the feelings. You would think as old as we are it wouldn't bother you so bad but it does. That is all part of life though and you do eventually get better but it does take a while.

Hang in there and take care of that leg.

The next time you show us your legs choose the one without the bruise, ok? :)

Take care my friend,


raccoonlover1963 said...

Hi Lori. That bruise is still nasty, even since I saw it on Monday! I'm sorry you are having such a bad week, and I hope everything starts looking up soon. TTYL

CG said...

You poor girl!!!!

Anna said...


9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...