Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday 3 May 2009

Okay so once every two days might be a good place to start LOL.


I have had the horses all in for weeks now because of the constant rain and mud but today it had dried up enough for them to be able to go out although it is still very wet. As you can see from this photo the grazing is nowhere near established, and of course Piglette did the first thing she always does when she sees a pool of water (even in the middle of winter) lay down and rolled in it!!!!
It has been a lonely weekend, Michelle and her daughter, Kendal, came over today to work with the horses that Kendal is going to show in 4H this year. I was working on photos and stock on the computer inside while they were here so didn't see a lot of them. It was a beautiful sunny day so it was pretty much wasted spending it inside.
Goldie has nearly lost all her little tangles of hair so it will be photo debut time soon. Her sides look as if they have dreadlocks on them, all matted, just waiting to fall off LOL. She is so naughty, I am going to have to send her to filly charm school I think because I dont know if I am going to be able to give her the direction she is going to need and she could turn into a little brat as she has a very strong will.
Nothing much else to report. I miss Larry terribly and never thought I would miss the constant stream of different Home Health Aides coming through the house!!
Hope you all had a good weekend, and those who had the lousy weather to deal with hope you all came through that okay too. ((((Hugs))))
Lori
xx

8 comments:

Gecko said...

LOL I love the photo, my horses would hate to do that! Sooks...

Anonymous said...

You are very brave, Lori! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

We had a nice day here on Sunday and planted some flowers. Or my daughter did it for me. I just watched. Hope you get some nicer weather too.

Strawberry Lane said...

Oh that looks like such a yummy mud puddle! Must feel wonderful. As usual, you were right there with your camera to catch such a sight.

Thanks for your comments on Simply Marvelous ... appreciate your insights. Hope more join in the discussion.

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Hi Lori.
It's always the way for animals to head straight for the mess! When I lived in Florida, a friend had a Chow dog, and every time Lisa would bathe the dog, the dog would head straight for the pasture behind the house and roll in horse poo! YUCK!!!! Animals only want to be cleaned in their own fashion, no matter how messy! LOL
TTYL
Lisa

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! Just like a naughty little boy rolling in the mud!! LOL!! Each animals has distinct personalities and sometimes the most human traits.

Lori, you know you can write anytime you want. My e-mail address is at the top of my blog. Sometimes it helps. :) Having gone through this myself, I know some of what you feel. Hugs!!

CG said...

Piglette looks as if she's really enjoying herself. Sorry you are feeling lonely :( xx

smellshorsey said...

How much fun that must be! I have a puddle but it's more inviting for splashing than rolling. And I've got a huge crop of tadpoles in it. I feed them ruined alfalfa cubes. At first I was worried about mosquitoes but the tadpoles took care of them.

Life is so interesting if we take time to look. You give us all a gift by capturing it in photos.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...