Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday 2 June 2009


Today has special significance for me in many ways but I wont go into them. Sorry I have been away so long. I hope some of you are still out there. Lots of changes and responsibilities been happpening over the past 2 months and I am slowly muddling through them all.

I am going to try to post a picture every day, I have stacks that I have shot and not even edited or looked at but am starting to get the urge again, so here we go again, I am giving it another try.

Todays pictures are of an 8 year old mare that was a foal when I first arrived here in the USA and her new owner Kendal. The mare was born on 1st April and her name is DB April Dawn. She spent two weeks with a trainer when she was a 4 year old being broke to ride then went to Iowa and lived in a huge pasture 365 days of year with our other mares to have babies. She only had one baby in 3 years and came back when I went to fetch the horses last October with my new Palomino baby.

Kendal and her Mom Michelle have been long time friends of Larry and Michelle used to ride for Larry and her daughter has her natural talent with horses. April can be a bit of a handfull and have a real attitude but basically she is a wonderful mare. Kendall is showing her and BB the big Blue Roan mare in 4H this year and these were taken last night at a 4H clinic at the Fair grounds and I am so proud of them both. This was the first time for both of them in an arena with other horses and they were fabulous and considering that she has never really ridden and the horse has hardly ever been ridden, makes it even more special.

I will keep updating this story as we go.

I will try to keep this up again so hope you will all hang in there with me. Don't forget to check out my Etsy shop, there is a link on this blog, might just be something you can't live without LOL, I have made a few sales Woohoo!!

(((((Hugs))))) to you all and thanks for hanging in there with me.

Lori
xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you posting today Lori. I wouldn't feel bad for missing a while. We all understand!

I have set up a contest on my blog, partially and honestly to see how many people are still reading it. So far the results have not been too encouraging. It may honestly be time to put things to bed.

Teresa and I are also hosting the Springfield edition of the world wide photo walk put on by Photoshop guru Scott Kelby. We are nearing out capacity of 50 individuals.

I will be praying for you during these difficult months.

Mike

CG said...

Good to get an update from you. I've missed you!

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...