Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday 26 September 2009

Michelle, Kendal and I went to our last show early this morning. We got lost and arrived 10 minutes before the first class which was also our first class!!!! Michelle threw her clothes on and I tried to patch BB up and we flew into the fray LOL.

Unfortunately she didnt fare too well in her first two classes but in her three with Kendal she had started to warm up and she brought home a first in Color, second in Youth Halter (10-13 yr old) and a 4th in Youth Showmanship which was combined with one entrant with an older division. This show let us see how far Kendal has come in confidence and even though there werent stacks of entrants, she did a great job, watch out for them in 2010 LOL!!

The first pic is one I took of her after I gave her a leg up onto BB after her classes holding her ribbons, blue for first and red foir second, and the fourth place is hiding behind, and the second pic is of BB when we put her out in the muddy field about an hour later and she got right down and rolled all that beautiful cleaning off that we had done LOL. I swear she was smiling at us, look at her mouth, she is grinning LOL (click on pics for larger version).

We are going to take Kendal for her first Trail Ride tomorrow and they are going to have a small contesting show at the club which we are hoping she will ride in, even if she only walks for the first time (barrel racing, poles etc.). I have a feeling she will enjoy it, I know if it wasnt limited to kids I would sure be in there too!!!

Hope you are all having a great weekend. (((Hugs)))

Lori
xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like that last photo of the horse rolling. I seldom ever got to see a horse roll completely over. I am not sure they can even do it.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hi Abe, hope all is well I think about you and Patty every day. I am trying to catch up on my blog reading yours is my next stop!!

Horses do roll completely over, BB and a few of my others do it often LOL. It is a great site to see them as they are enjoying themselves. Sometimes they will jump back up and fly off bucking and kicking. I took some shots of the Thorougbred mare that boards here yesterday doing just that when I put her out for the first time in a week, too wet up til yesterday. Hope to get time to post some of those later today.

Take care!!!

photogchic said...

Have fun on the trails!

Anonymous said...

I may have seen them roll all the way over but don't remember. I think they were really just trying to scratch their backs and stayed in the upright on the spine as long as possible to satisfy the itch.

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my Canon photo blog.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Love the pic of the horse rolling over - it's not something you expect to see of a horse...a dog, yes, but a horse? LOL!

Shelley @ Shutterbug
http://shelleyslens.blogspot.com

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...