Wednesday, January 24, 2007

24 January 2007





I tried to make some time to shoot for a few of the challenges today but the conditions for outdoor shots arent good at all, so I have posted one of my efforts which failed for what I wanted it for, and to make the day's blog more interesting I included a picture of Blue's (the stallion I featured yesterday with the feed sack) first baby who was born in March last year. He was about a month old here and I had just turned him and momma out into the pasture and they were having a blast! His name is Blaze and he is the most laid back clever quiet baby I have ever bred.

Hope everyone is surviving their respective crazy weather patterns. Will check in on everyone tomorrow to comment etc., have to get my beauty sleep, and believe me I need it!!


Forgive me again. I just dont want to miss having at least one picture posted each day even if it isnt that great.


Hugs


Lori

10 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

What a great photo that second one is - full of life, action, and the sheer joy of things. The first photo is good as well - you made the most of less than ideal shooting conditions, and composed the shot wonderfully.

thelobster said...

These are lovely shots - especially the running one. I'm going to go out this afternoon and take some pictures of horses. I only ever rode one once and I hated it. But photographing them should be OK.

Elaine said...

I really like the bottom shot--it makes me feel happy and energetic. I like the top shot, but might like it more cropped with the horse at the bottom right 1/3 line. I'm not sure the tree tops and sky add anything. (Then again, showing the horse in its environment might have been what you wanted to do!)

CG said...

Just stopping by for my daily horse fix - you never disappoint :)

talj said...

Lori I never fail to be blown away by the wonderful images you post. As one who isn't a lover of horses you are really showing me their beautiful side :o)

Julie Blair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Blair said...

Lori: I think both pics evoke something. The top one is peaceful and the shows the coldness of the day...and the bottom one is a joyful image! Blue is like "oh boy, I get to play..." Thanks for sharing.

julie

admin said...

How sweet. I had a mare who foaled and remember my Thea running like that :)

Karen said...

Beautiful photos! Love the backdrop for the 1st one.

Rising Rainbow said...

As a horse owner, I know what it takes to get a picture of two horse together going anything in sync so I naturally love the shot of the mare and foal with all four feet off the ground. The timing is amazing. Keep it up girl!!

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...