Tuesday, February 27, 2007

27 February 2007

I can't believe that February is nearly over already.

I had a nice easy day today, my friend Tiffany came over and took me shopping for a very late Xmas and birthday pressie LOL. We are both the same always have so much to do so we are like two ships passing in the night and our meeting up periods are few and far between LOL. She also has horses, I will post some of hers in the next weeks I am sure. I got a lovely insulated jacket (navy blue) and a shirt with horses on it in browns and beiges, long sleeve with corduroy (sp) on the inside of the cuffs, inside of the collar and inside of the front where it buttons up so it can be worn open over a T shirt or as a warm shirt in winter, nice heavy canvas type of material, and hey they were both 40% off!! I love those sales.

On the way back home (we went to Muncie which is about 17 miles away) she took me past an Elk farm which is only about 6 miles down the road from where we live and I never knew of its existence until today. She says that it looks like there are far fewer elk there and that could be because of all types of rules and regulations on their breeding which are being introduced. We were hoping that they had started having their babies but there were only the ones from last year and the year before so we will check back there often. I got lots of shots, it was a bit overcast but I think they worked quite well.




Well folks that's it for today. I will get to my commenting now. Thanks to all my new visitors for their comments. I will post more horse pics tomorrow. I was hoping to put the horses out today but it is still frozen in the mornings and I am scared they will slip on the ice if they get rowdy and by lunch time it is just a muddy mush.
Sleep well and "see" you all tomorrow.
Lori

11 comments:

carmilevy said...

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that they're posing for you. They're so majestic and strong, and they almost leap off of the two-dimensional screen.

Your ability to capture the spirit of a beautiful animal is obvious in every picture you take.

Pat said...

Great pics of the elk, Lori and your outfit sounds so lovely. Hope we see a pic of you in this new wardrobe!


Pat's Photos and Guelph Daily Photo

CG said...

They are so splendidly haughty beasts!! They look as if they are staring down their nose at you!

I'm glad to hear about your excursion with your friend and your new outfit :)
xxxx

Anna said...

Ditto on what Carmi wrote. Lori, you have such a gift for capturing animals...

thelobster said...

Glad to hear that you're getting things back to normal and that your knee is on the mend - great horse shots as always - I'm looking to you for inspiration on that ! - all the best

talj said...

Beautiful shots Lori, as Carmi says they certainly look like they are posing for you!

Glad you had a nice day too, its always good to see friends :o) {{{BIG HUGS}}}

Rising Rainbow said...

Elk farms, I didn't know there was such a thing. Wow! Impressive pics. We have a big herd of elk in our area (100 or so) but for some reason they don't come through our street. We've only seen a lone bull on our street one time, but have seen the herd in the are many times. They are amazing. And watching those great big animals just walk up to a fence and then leap over it like it's nothing is incredible.

Sounds like you had a fun trip shopping and all. Glad that you got a break.

Kaycee said...

It does look like the elk posed for you! Wonderful photos! I am glad to hear that you were able to get out and enjoy yourself. I know what it has been like with this winter weather.

Karen said...

Beautiful photos!

Anna Ridley said...

I love the elk photos - they are such striking creatures.

{{{HUGS}}} I'm sorry that I've not been commenting as regularly as I would like - I've missed you!

I would love to see a photo of you in your new outfit; it sounds lovely!

xox

Memories Catcher said...

Beautiful shots.I like it!Great colors and compositions.Well done!

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...