Tuesday, May 8, 2007

8 May 2007



Another hot sticky day, hard to believe that a few days over 3 weeks ago when Taxes was born it was SNOWING!!!!!! Today we were in the upper 80sF and 70% odd humidity. I dont function very well in this type of heat as I grew up with a dry heat so 105F was no problem but 90 with humidity is unbearable. On top of it we havent been able to get the cooling system fixed on top of all of the other things that went wrong at the beginning of this year because it is just not affordable at the moment so we are trying to get by with a small aircon in the bedroom where Larry is and two fans LOL.


I am going to leave you with two pictures of Taxes taken yesterday. They are both good examples of how he keeps himself occupied during the long days while him momma is looking for grass to eat!!


Have a great Wednesday ((((Hugs)))))


Lori

xx


7 comments:

Original L said...

You know, I'm impressed with how athletic Taxes is. I know he's a pill, but that "pay attention to me" attitude could be really great in the show ring someday!

Oh, and it's really hot here too. I'm not really ready for summer yet - I actually prefer cooler weather, even with rain, to 100+ degree temps. Oh well...

Hopefully you can get the AC fixed soon!

photogchic said...

Lori---I wished you lived close! I would love to have you photograph my mare. You just capture everything "great" about horses. Thanks for your pictures, they are just awesome!

Anna said...

That second one is Pilates for Horses 101....

:) Have a good day!

CG said...

More wonderful shots of Taxes. Now I'm wishing for a nice cool breeze for you today!!
Love J xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori, Taxes is looking much bigger. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comments. I hope it cools down soon, this has got to be the wierdest weather....

Take care.

Mike

talj said...

Lovely shots to Taxes Lori, looks like he's found a few ways to pass the time!

I really hope you get some comfortable weather soon and that Larry is back to his old self :o)

{{{HUGS}}} to all xxx

Rising Rainbow said...

it always amazes me when babies that young can scratch their ear that way. As often as I've seen it, it shouldn't but it's just so darn co-ordinated and they can be so uncoordinated!

No AC would do me in.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...