Sunday, June 10, 2007

10 June 2007


Hi everyone, it is 10.37, cant believe what the time is.

Mike I am duly contrite and went out specially to shoot this for you today. Your little buddy Taxes sleeping in front of the fan with his momma LOL. He doesnt like the bugs big time!!!! He is such a character. I havent had a chance to spend time trying to get him haltered but will in the next few days. He really does need a friend.

The second picture is one that was not taken by me. This is a picture of Susan riding Cookie, a filly that she and her husband purchased from us last December. She is a three year old and greenbroke. Susan has been very patient finding the right place to stable her and her husband's horse Bella, and getting someone to start her so that Susan who is also a novice rider can ride her and learn the finer art of horsemanship herself. This was their first ride which happened today and was taken by her husband or daughter. I am so thrilled, she has been so good with keeping me up to date with Cookie's progress and I know she visits my blog regularly, so Great Job Susan, and here's to many more hours of enjoyment from this filly. Thank you.

That is another day gone, at least I achieved a lot today. I got all the stables up to date and unloaded the sawdust in the process. That is such a relief. Now we just need some rain. The pastures are shrivelling up. Tomorrow I plan to ride both Lori and Cayenne and hopefully Dosie (the horse we had gelded recently). We had a lovely day today, not too hot and they have predicted a few more days like it. Rain is supposed to move in on Thursday, lets hope it does.

Will catch up some more tomorrow. ((((Hugs))))) to everyone, Talj, MiKael, Julie B, CG, AB, AncientImages, Abraham, Anna, Mike and everyone else who I might have forgotten, thanks for your visits once again. You are all always in my thoughts.

Lori
xxx

7 comments:

Ancientimages said...

Oh, he is sooooooooo cute - and looks so innocent right now. I know what you mean about time getting away. This weekend has been like that for us. We got the rest of the garden planted, but did not have time to do just the litle things one needs to do to relax. And tomorrow starts another work week. It still seems like it should be sometime in March. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you both and to all of your equine and feline charges.

Anna said...

I always look forward to when you come around for a visit Lori....take your time...I am sure we will ALL be here! :) Great pics again...he is adorable!

CG said...

he looks very sweet enjoying the fan. Glad you got lots of chores done and here's hoping it rains soon!

Donna said...

I just can't imagine having to do all that work all by yourself! I hope you get just the right amount of rain soon. My weekends are so tied up in horses I can't remember what one without them feels like. Not that I'm complaining!

Anonymous said...

Taxes is relaxing! I don't blame him for not liking the bugs.

Isn't it great when you see someone enjoying one of the horses you raised?

Take care,

Mike

Anonymous said...

Cookies looks as proud as does her rider. Amazing how animals can sense things and react to them.

I have 1 baby raccoon today and a pile of poop!
Brookville Daily Photo

Rising Rainbow said...

Oh, I love Taxes sacked out in from of the fan. Babies are just so cute.

Looks like you have a great home for your filly. That is just so cool!

Cross your fingers I may have Rhythm sold. I definitely have a very serious inquiry going.

Hope your day went well.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...