Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday 15th September 2008

Just a quickie tonight, thanks everyone for your prayers. Dad is most of the time in a very deep sleep and rarely rouses, doesnt recognise anyone and we still have to play the waiting game. He is on no medications, doesnt have any pain it appears, but I dont think he will come out of this it is just a matter of time and hopefully he will slip away quietly.

Mike it is ironic but our weather has been the exact opposite of yours, we had half an inch over the weekend otherwise nothing for about 6 weeks. I will try to catch up on everyone soon (yeah yeah I know I keep saying that, but heck one day maybe it will happen and you will all be pleasantly surprised)

Today's picture was taken while I was living in London, it was a particularly colorful doorway and just caught my eye, I was archiving the other day and found these and thought we could all do with a bit of brightness n our lives so here it is.

I will try to keep you updated, my brother has been fantastic in keeping me up to date via e-mail a couple of times a day. (((((Hugs)))))

Lori





5 comments:

Pony Girl said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad. I hope all is well and I know it must be a tough time for the family.
The picture from London was just lovely!

CG said...

What a lovely photo; i just knew it was England.

I hope your dad remains peaceful and without pain.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to learn about your dad. It is a nice picture of you and him.

I do like your photo of the doorway and flowers. Nice work even back then.

We have just recovered from the blistering winds of Hurricane Ike. What a nightmare that was. I hope you all have made it through without losing roofs and having horses injured.

What a week.

I published a post about squirrels and other animals and some of the problems they have. I hope you can take the time to read it. That animals suffer and we do not seem to notice seems so sad. Look at my Dances on Sunshine

Anonymous said...

Lori,

I hope all is well with you and that you survived the storm. We did ok with about 4 inches of rain.

I hope your Dad is doing ok. I think about you guys often and I am glad you posted the picture of you and him.

Take care,

Mike

Gecko said...

What a gorgeous doorway, I wonder what those purple flowers are, they're beautiful!

Did your dad have any symptoms before, or did he just go downhill straightaway? At least if it was sudden he didn't have it hanging over his head like some cancer patients have to. My toughts are with you and your family hun!

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...