Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday 22 September 2008

I intended to go riding on Saturday morning and getting to the campgrounds before 10am which is when they normally go out on their day ride which can be for 5 or 6 hours. Well disaster from the beginning, my van that I was towing the trailer with was missing on two cylinders, then I had to get plates for the trailer, and I had forgotten to pick up supplies at the pharmacy that Larry really needed badly the day before, so before I knew it it was lunch time and I still wasn't hitched up and ready to go.

Larry suggested that I went up that evening and slept over, I have an air mattress that fits into the van nicely and it is pretty comfortable and I dont mind roughing it, so that is what I did.

Cayenne was a star again, I still can't get over how relaxed she is and how she appears to have been doing this all her life, even though she is only 4 years old she is awesome and doesnt bat an eyelid at anything. She loves the river and walking through it, is not so fussy about the mud although there isnt much mud at the moment on the trails because we just havent had any rain in northern and central Indiana. It is crazy, north of twon they have had three times as much rainfall than we have had 1 mile south of town, it just always seems to slip past us. My poor pasture is as dry as a bone. She also hasnt spooked or flinched at anything she has encountered on the trails, she loves it, you can see that from the way she just wants to keep going, no standing around, lets go LOL!!!

We stop at natural corrals at certain points where the members have built areas that they can tie the horses so they can dismount, relax and rest the horses, so it is not all spent riding.

I am trying to catch up on my last few print orders so I am going to make this short. The picture today is of the one couples' two horses that ride there most weekends as well, they have 3 there, having a playful moment.

No news on my Dad, so I am getting worried again that we are not getting the feedback from the nursing facility. Hope you all had a great weekend, ((((Hugs))))) thanks for all your visits.

Lori

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your blog and found a piece of history your camera recorded. It is a blink, stopped dead-still, exposing a moment in time and the beauty you saw in the horses. It sounds like the ride was worth the effort getting there.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

CG said...

What a wonderful photo. I hope you have news of your dad soon.

9 April 2017 - Bread Making

One of my foals taken many years ago in my barn in the winter sunlight I made a discovery at the local Charity shop (where you can buy se...